February 27, 2009

Grayson's Playdate


Today has been a busy one to say the least. I have Grayson, the four daycare kiddos, and Eric and Brandi's two little girls. Did I mention that all 7 kids are UNDER THE AGE OF FOUR?!?! What in the world was I thinking? But, truthfully, they're all wonderful, well behaved children. Grayson has absolutely loved having Mackenzie here to play with today, as they're only a month and a half apart in age. Although he's been around Mackenzie dozens of times, he still acted a little shy at first, but luckily he came around pretty quickly and they've been playing all morning!

I often worry about Grayson feeling left out or second fiddle to his older brother. And, in trying so hard to make sure he doesn't feel that way I think sometimes I actually end up showing him too much attention and maybe not enough to Hunter. I don't know, it seems like no matter what I do I feel like I'm leaving the other out, even if we're all doing something together. Does that make any sense? Ugh, I guess that's just part of having more than one child. Well, anyway, it's been nice seeing him not compete for attention today, and just truly enjoying himself with a friend. Good for you buddy....mommy's so proud! xoxo

No comments: